YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hailey's First Email!!!!!


Hey guys!
I got here safe and sound :) It took us until nine this morning but we are at the MTC in Santiago now and it is absolutely beautiful. It is a mix between California and  Utah... The smell is like Cali and the mountains like Utah. Everything is Spanish...obviously and it is super hard to understand everybody, but its just the first day so it will get better :) Our group of nine is the first North American group ever and we definately look like gringos! This letter would be longer but i am typing on a keyboard meant for spanish speakers so i am struggling a little bit ha ha... My companion is the sister that was at the airport. Her name is Hermana Phelps from California and she is super cute! We prayed at lunch today...it was really weird but I will just have to get used to it! Our class seems like it is going to be a struggle because this whole english\spanish speaking thing is new to everyone... I will keep you updated on how i am doing and when my P days are going to be once i find out. I love you all so much! This email is supposed to just be a "Hey I got here okay" kind of thing. Just so you know that Im not floating somewhere in the Pacific or trapped in a drug cartel in mexico. 
Love you guys!
Hermana Sommerfeld


No comments:

Post a Comment