YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chilean Stuffs


Hey guys!!!!!!
 
I have been missing you like crazy, and I counted down the time until i was able to talk to you...starting last Tuesday! This week was a week full of challenges, but I have been learning so much! I am not picking up the language as fast as I would like to, and it is frustrating me sooooooo much! Also...you guys know my immune system. It fails. I of course am the one to get sick :( with a croupy cough and just overall not feeling well, but I got a blessing and I am trying as hard as I can to get better (honey and lemon water mmmmmmm). There is an elder in our group that found out he has mono and he literally sleeps ALL the time in class, but he his getting better... We have lots of fun pictures and video of teasing him while he is fast asleep at his desk! I´m just so happy I have a little cough and everything is alright :)
 
The other challenge has been with my companion... You all know that I have personal space issue, and having a companion who likes to follow rules... (a little too well) is getting kind of frustrating. She always stays within literally... 2 feet of me. Boo! But I am working on my patience, and hopefully when I come home I can have zero issues with personal space! Our latina roommates and all of the other Hermanas left today. It was super sad! I got some great pictures with them and we created some amazing memories. I am so happy that I was able to meet all of them. Last night we were allowed to take pictures and all of the Latin Americans wanted pictures with us North Americans (there were even some that I never met that wanted pictures ha ha) Anyway, I am excited to get my new roommates tomorrow and to have a whole new group of them come into the CCM. I can´t wait to meet them!
 
Last P day after I emailed you guys, we went and walked around the few blocks surrounding hte temple. It is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS here! It is a huge city, but there are so many trees and cool plants! I seriously wanted to take a picture of everything! Oh and guess what I saw at the park this week! A PARROT! actually like 20 of them in a group, and I made a big deal out of it, while all of the Latina girls just looked at me like I was crazy. It is cool to see the different animals and wildlife! Oh yeah sorry, last Pday.. We went to a store and I had my first conversation with a non member Chilean! I pretty much just said hello and paid for my stuff, but it was cool.
 
The week went by really fast, but the days were TORTURE. We now have a set schedule, and we do the same thing every.single.day... I hate routine, and it is definetly something I am struggling with, but I know I need to attend all these classes so I can be a good missionary. I am getting better with the whole bring up baptism on the first lesson  kind of thing, because I am learning how to do it, and even with fake investigators the spirit is so strong... I think the things I need to get even better with are obedience and patience, so I am working on it this week.
 
Sorry I don´t have many stories to share with you.. The week has been pretty non eventful! I am just missing everything American right now. ESpecially the food! I should have taken Taylor{s advice and brought spices. One word. Bland. One other word. Meat. GROSS. We even had pizza last week from pizza hut and it tasted nothing like what pizza should taste like ha ha! I will be so happy when I get a good ole greasy American meal!
 
I love you guys so much and I wish I could have gone to St.G with you, but I really am having a good time here. Please send some pictures!!! You can and it would be absolutely wonderful to get some! (Some of Dax too). I love to hear of all the fun things that you are doing! Sorry i missed your birthday Bubba! I know you are looking more and more studly every day!
 
I love how we read the B.O.M as a family, and I know that as you continue to do that you will be happy :) I miss you guys so much!!!!
 
PS ash, did you put on facebook that I can get emails? Or tell GMa and GPa A and S? I would love to hear from them! Please just send on this letter to whoever is interested! I think I will have a better more interesting letter next week, but until then.......
 
I love you guys!!
 
Read the B.O.M, Pray, and all that churchy stuff.... cuz its pretty great! You all are awesome!
 
Love,
Hermana Sommerfeld}
 
oh yeah.. and mom the fall leaves here are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment