YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 3, 2013

NO Tacos in Chile!


Hola Familia y Amigas!!!!!!!
I am so excited to be able to sit down and write you this week! It has been filled with many ups and downs, but I have had such a good experience! This last week we got our new group of Latina missionaries! I have had the chance to be able to meet all of the sisters and become good friends with them.. It helps that I can carry on a conversation in Spanish! I decided when I get back I am going to have the best spanish accent down.... People will think I am a white person from Mexico. Lets see.. there are so many things I want to say and so short of time so sorry if the email is super choppy!!!

Things I am craving/want/miss
Tacos
Costa Vida
Slurpee
Popsicles
Doritos
Music that doesn't put me to sleep
family
friends
Dax
being able to go to the gym
alone time
GRILLED CHEESE
french fries
food in general.....
my phone
king Louie... some nights I just want to curl up next to him and cry..

Funny things said this week
Elder Rice:When I get home I want to be like 6 foot 7 or 8... just a couple inches taller
Elder Nelson(short guy): I just want to not look like my little brothers little brother!
One of the new North American sisters, Hermana Turville had mashed potatoes and a latina missionary was trying to tell her she should put pepper on it. Sister Hobbes, her companion told her that the other missionary was telling her she should put the leche on her potatoes (Leche flan is like pudding but looks like gravy). Hermana Turville dumped her thing of Flan on her potatoes and the Latina missionaries went crazy laughing! It was an awesome prank!
Also we had a full on hour conversation about physics. Like nerd talk physics. I wish dad would have been here to participate in the conversation... some of the elders would have loved that.


I am getting along way better with Sister Phelps... we talk about everything now, and we joke about so much! IT helps to put some humor in our relationship, and I am loving her more and more... I will be sad when we arent companions any more!!!!
So remember when I said I was sick? I still am. I got put on the steroids.... and now i have a mustache. JUST KIDDING! but really I had to take the roids, but they didnt help, and now I have a fat kid inhaler... so I suck on it so I can breathe.. apparently my lungs hate Chile, because they don{t want to work. Don't worry Mom! I am okay... I just am struggling a little bit to feel 100 percent! Yesterday I really took time to focus on having a better attitude about things, so today I am feeling much better.. just because I am telling myself that I feel awesome.
As far as lessons go, and teaching our "investigators", I am getting soooooooooo much better! I can teach what I want to in Spanish, and I follow almost the whole entire lesson... We have teachers now that speak way faster and ask some difficult questions. The harder the lessons are, the better I am getting at teaching so it is okay with me! One of the Maestros (teachers) said that I have a really powerful way of teaching and that once I get spanish down I will be an amazing missionary. This really boosted my confidence and made me excited to get out there and serve! I feel like I still need the next 3 weeks in the CCM though... for sure!

One of our teachers broke down the amount of people in our areas, and divided it by how many missionaries there are. Apparently I am personally responsible for 14,706 people. I better get studying harder if I am going to convert all of them!! Ha Ha.

What else? I am going to the temple again tomorrow! That will be nice... I love having it right in the back yard!
I love you guys so much and I want you to know that I am missing you! Please keep me up to date with random current events in America... so I know if there is some tornado in Utah or something weird like that. I love seeing the pictures of you guys! and I absolutely love hearing about all the fun stories you have while I am gone!


Choose the right.
Be happy.
Read the scriptures. they are awesome. seriously.
I love you all with all my heart!
Hugs and Kisses and all that fun stuff!
Hermana Sommerfeld
aka Gringo fo sho.

No comments:

Post a Comment