YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Mish


Familia y Amigas!!!!
How is everything going!? I miss talking to you all and being able to catch up on everything! This week is my last week in the CCM!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYA.
seriously. so. ready. to. get. outta. here.

Anywayzz.We have already started doing street contacts with real people on the streets of Chile, and it is HARD! You know how I don´t like looking like an idiot? Throw me out there on a busy street with people that are super busy and speak a different language and tell me to go talk to them about Jesus with my companion. It is terrifying, but at the same time it is soooo cool! That moment when you finish a conversation and someone walks away with a Mormon.org card and is smiling... it is awesome. I mean it is highly unlikely that they are going to full on be converted.. but we are just planting little seeds! 

Besides having a really cool week with things like that, I have had a hard week with my companion and with keeping a good attitude.I am working on not getting bugged at every little thing but it is really hard.. it is like all of my pet peeves are rolled into one person that I have to spend 24 hours with. I never have prayed for patience so hard in my life.... When I get back I might be able to sit next to Aubrey at dinner without telling her to be quiet chewing! Just kidding Aubs! Okay soo.... we had a few laughs this week too in our district. Honestly love these elders. It is going to be so hard when we leave! I am going to miss them so much!

Funny things said this week:

We were practicing street contacting.. and we were told people stop if we ask them a question.. so one group was up and elder lee asked "donde está la comida? the person answered and Elder Holesclaw...thinking that he needed to relate that question to the gospel asked "Donde está la espiritu comida"? (where is the spiritual food) We all bust up laughing and he looked around like.. was that not a good thing to say?

Elder Nelson said.. "Secret combinations ruled my highschool......long awkward pause......every one was forgetting their locker combinations all the time." we died.

Elder Nelson also said.... "Well I for sure am not random.. .that is why I believe all chickens should be euthenized." Honestly I think we all looked at eachother for a good 2 seconds and we started laughing for the next 5 minutes.


Things I miss/want
Cinnamon Rolls
Kneaders french toast
Cafe Rio
Popcorn
Hot chocolate... the normal kind
ice cream
my laptop
freedom

I am excited to try the food out of the CCM because I am hoping it will be a lot better........ Praying it will be a lot better. I have just had some super wierd combinations for lunch here! Like a soup thing with beans and spaghetti noodles and a weird sauce and then hot dogs on top. When I say weird. I mean WEIRD!

I love you guys so much! I can't wait until I email you next time with stories about real people and the actual mission field. It is beautiful here! I can't wait until i can upload pictures! Seriously fall here is amazing! There are trees everywhere so it makes the whole city colorful.... The only downfall is that it is getting colder.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... the elders always joke that I am ALWAYS cold. and it is true. There is no such thing as heat down here unless it is summer :( I'm going to come back with thick blood!

Love you guys so much! 
Hermana Sommerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment