YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 3, 2013

Greetings from Chile baby..

Hola familia y amigos!
So this week was a pretty good week! I can say I am worn out... and when you are in the mission I guess that is a good thing ha ha it means that you have been working hard ;) This week we got some new investigators and taught a bunch of inactive families... That is the hardest thing about our sector is the amount of people that come to church... literally like 7 families. It is something we are working hard to change though! One of the families that we taught has 2 little girls that are adorable! One is Aubrey's age and the other is 4... While my companion is teaching their parents, I just play with the girls ha ha... my spanish is closer to their level then anything. If I don't understand them I just say si si si and nod my had like I know what is going on lol! Anyway one of the little girls gave me this cute little blanket and told me to sleep with it every night! It was adorable.. and her mom quit her job so that she could come to church! This was a huge deal! i am so excited that their little family will be coming to church with us and that we were able to help remind them what it was like to feel the spirit, and to have the gospel in their lives. These are the things that keep me going! Alright what else? Oh! I met a family in the grocery store today that is from Utah.. kind of. I heard a little girl speaking Engish, and I turned around and her dad was liike "Oh! Elderes!" We just smiled and said yeah we are the missionaries! He asked where I was from and then he got all excited because they were from Utah too. I guess he is from Chile, and his wife from Michigan, but they lived in Utah for a long time. He isn't a member.. he is a born again Christian, but he did work on the temple in Mexico and worked at BYU. He and his wife are super nice and invited us to go over to their house on P days.. since it is out of our area.. and have some American food!!! Yay! It was really fun to have a conversation in English and to have a little connection from home ;) 

The rain finally stopped... Halleluja! But I hear it is supposed to rain again soon.... I didnt bring rain boots so I have been using a pair from the mission home that are a size too small... but it is worth it when the streets all flood! What else? Oh yeah the hardest thing for me right now is cleanliness.... thanks dad for passing on your OCD genes. I am dying. I think I will get used to eating off of dirty plates and drinking bugs though... it shouldn't be too hard! ...................... I am starting to get a little more used to the food.. it is hard for me to not have all the yummy things that we have at home, but i have found some good things here too! Empenadas for one. are. amazing. I mean fried bread with melted cheese? umm.. yes please! Also at night we are fed Sopapillas all the time... Like scones kind of.. with Ecco (the coffee kind of stuff). I also like that I can buy doritos at the grocery store to get in my little unhealthy fix. One of the other sisters that lives with us is from Cancun in Mexico, and she is dying without cheese here! We both talk to eachother about the yummy mexican food that we miss ha ha.. I know how to say those words.. Taco. Burrito. Enchalada. 

Anyway, I love you all and I'm sorry that this is a short message! There is a lot to say, but it all blends together in my mind and I can't remember what happened when and la da da... Oh yeah!!! One more story...

The moral of this story is to follow promptings of the spirit. 
So we were walking home late one night and we were arguing about whether or not I should talk to the next person about the restoration.. in spanish.. I was saying no, because I don't know how to say all the words yet and I needed an example.. Anyway we ended up talking to this girl that was at the bus stop instead of talking to other people. She was there with her Pololo (boyfriend) and the bus was on its way.. so it really wasn't the best time to walk up and talk to them, but we did anyway because that is what we were being told we needed to do. Well we interrupted her and her boyfriend and she didn't even get to kiss him goodbye because we were talking to her.. At first she was a little frustrated but then she got really interested in what we were saying.. We walked her back to her house and we stopped by the next day and talked to her Mom. Her mom is now taking the lessons and she is the sweetest person I have met down here. She had all sorts of questions like what happens after we die? What is the purpose of life? Things like that... Things that the gospel is PERFECT at answering! I really hope that we can have more good lessons with her and that her and her little family will be able to join the church and realize the amazing things that the gospel can bless them with! Crazy that if we hadn't stopped to talk to Karla, we never would have been able to meet her mom and her family. Makes me wonder what could have happened the times I ignored those little promptings.. also makes me want to make sure I am always listening to the spirit! 

Love you guys with all my heart!!!!! 

XOXOXOXOX
Hermana Sommerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment