YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I just wanna watch futbol.

Hola! 

How is everyone doing!!?? Everything here is going alright.. A little bit of a harder week then the other weeks, but I have been learning from all the challenges! It has been a really warm week thank goodness! However, it seems like no one has been home and is busy, so all of the appointments that we got were pretty much cancelled and we didn't teach very much.... I had a few experiences this week that I learned a lot from even though we weren't very successful this week, I think it is okay because we spent our time with people that really wanted to listen to what we had to say and that really really need the gospel in their lives.

We went to one family's house who had been taking lessons from the elders before, but they stopped for one reason or another. We walked into the house and there was the mom, Rosaria on the couch and she was in a lot of pain because of her foot.. (there is something wrong with her veins or something like that and her whole foot is purple and black.. she can't even walk on it) and her brother was next to her in a wheel chair.. (I think CP, but not sure..and he talks very little and is very dependent on the family) and then her daughter, maria was there too. We began to talk to them to find out their needs and we found out that their son died a little while ago. The daughter said she doesn't believe in God because of all the suffering that happens in the world, especially her family.. She asked a lot of questions like Why do people have to die? why are we even living? Why does all this have to happen? She works all day on her feet.. (she also has a problem with her feet and is constantly in pain)... in order to pay for her college and for the family's needs. As she talked about all the family's suffering she got emotional and you could tell she was angry with God. We tried to explain about the atonement and how it can help in their lives, but we had a hard time teaching the plan of salvation to them.. It is exactly what they need to know. I felt so strongly that this family NEEDS the gospel... I started to cry when we asked Maria if she wants to live with her family forever and she said she doesn't even care anymore, she just wants her mom to stop hurting. I know that the gospel can answer all of the questions they have and that they can gain an understanding of the atonement of Christ and how it can help them... I am just praying that I can be able to teach with the spirit on next sunday when we talk with them again, and that they can gain a testimony that there is a God, and that he loves them so much. Being here really has opened my eyes to the suffering that goes on in the world, and how much people really do need the gospel to help them answer all of the questions that they need. I feel so blessed to be able to know the answers to their questions and to have a testimony that God loves us, and that whatever trials we go through are to help make us stronger so that we can return with Heavenly Father again. 

I love you guys so much and I challenge you this week to find a friend, or anyone that you think could really use the gospel in their lives, and to share it with them. Invite them to church, to read something from the scriptures, or whatever. I know it is hard.. I never would have been comfortable inviting someone to learn more about the church before, but I KNOW that everyone needs the message that we have and that we have the fullness of the gospel.

i love you all! Have an amazing week! I love hearing all the fun stories you have and about your summer fun! 
Hugs and Kisses!
Mwah! 
Hermana Sommerfeld


No comments:

Post a Comment