YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 28, 2013

09.16.13 Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It is cold again :0

¡Hola po!
Hey everyone! I just want to start this letter off with a huge GRACIAS (for those of you that don't know any spanish whatsoever.. that means thank you :)) You all are amazing and you really keep me going while I am here on my mission! There are days that are super hard and where I think that I can't go any further, but I think of all of you back home and of the support that you give me and I feel 100 times better! I am so blessed to have the  friends and the family that I have and for all of your love.. I couldn't do it without you. Seriously! So I just want to start off with the most important news of this week.

MAURICIO IS GOING TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Now that that is out there, I just want to share the things that I have learned through teaching him.

1. Sometimes it is okay to be a little tough and say things the way they are.
2. Nothing beats praying, fasting, and lots of hard work.
3. We need to accept the Lord's timing.
4. The longer you teach an investigator, the more love you feel for them, and the harder you will try to make sure that they can be with their family forever. (sounds suuuuper cheesy, but it is a truth.)
5. Not everyone here cooks bad.
6.patience. patience. patience. patience. and patience.

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to teach Mauricio, and to learn all these things from him! Besides that awesome news this week was pretty good. I mean there were some hard days, but I feel like I am really improving personally.

One other thing I have learned here is "It is better to look up.". I read that talk from October 2011 general conference, and I have kind of taken it to be my inspiration and support when I am feeling down. All of you that know me know that my moods change oh so quickly. That is why I am so grateful to be here on the Lord's mission, to know how to change that about me. I have learned that as long as I am always keeping the situation light and keeping positive thoughts in my mind, and a smile on my face, I feel great! Seriously. Try it. It is awesome. I feel like it is contagious and it is so fun to have that power over people. That when I smile they do to. Power baby :) ha. Well I challenge you guys to read this conference talk and to look for ways to apply it in your life.

It seems like in these days when we have so many forces pushing against us and we have so many tribulations, the only way to get through them is through Christ. I just want to bare my testimony to you guys that I know that the scriptures can help us through any trial. I think the strongest form of comfort I have ever recieved is when I have read a passage in the scriptures and felt the Lord put his arms around me. Sorry that it sounds cheesy or cliche but that is the only way I know how to put it in words. So my advise to you is that if you are feeling depressed, unimportant or insignificant, unhappy, or just plain grumpy.. Pray and read a chapter in the book of Mormon and ponder on it. I promise you that you will feel the spirit testify to you that Christ knows exactly how you feel and that you are not alone :) 

I love you guys so much and I just want to let you know that I know that Christ lives. I know that this is His mission, and that I am here to help my spirit brothers and sisters remember the plan of salvation. I am so grateful to have the wonderful loving family and friends that I do, and I want you to know that I feel stronger because of your prayers. 
You all are amazing! 
Hugs and big Chilean kisses! 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX 

Hermana Sommerfeld
hailey.sommerfeld@myldsmail.net
Mission Chile Santiago Este
Cristobal Colon 6824
Casilla 27.144 Las Condes
Region Metropolitana
Santiago, Chile

No comments:

Post a Comment